If you’re looking for a way to improve your skin, you may want to consider using thermal water. Thermal water is known for its therapeutic properties, and it can be used in a variety of ways to benefit your skin. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the ways that you can use thermal water in your skincare routine. Keep reading to learn more!
Thermal water: the secret to younger-looking skin
As we age, our skin loses its ability to retain moisture, which can lead to dryness, wrinkles, and a loss of elasticity. Thermal water is rich in minerals and helps replenish the skin’s moisture, giving it a more youthful appearance.
There are many thermal springs around the world, and each one contains different minerals that can offer different benefits to the skin. For example, the thermal springs in Baden-Baden, Germany, are known for their high concentration of iron, which is said to help improve blood circulation and give the skin a healthy glow.
If you’re looking to add thermal water to your skincare routine, look for products that contain spring water from one of these popular destinations:
- Baden-Baden, Germany
- Vichy, France
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Montecatini Terme, Italy
You can also find thermal water in some facial sprays and toners. Just spritz it on after cleansing and moisturizing for an extra boost of hydration.
Thermal water for your skincare: what it is and how to use it
- Use it as a toner: Thermal water can help to restore the skin’s pH balance and provide some much-needed hydration. Saturate a cotton ball with thermal water and apply it to your face after cleansing.
- Make a DIY facial mist: Mix equal parts thermal water and rosewater (or another favorite toner or hydrosol) in a small spray bottle. Spritz your face throughout the day to refresh and rehydrate your skin.
- Add it to your moisturizer: For an extra dose of hydration, mix in a few drops of thermal water with your favorite lotion or cream before applying it to your skin.
- Soak your face in it: Use thermal water as a gentle facial cleanser by submerging your face in a bowl of stuff for a few minutes each day. This will help to remove impurities and leave your skin feeling refreshed and radiant.
- Use it as a makeup remover: Dab a cotton ball soaked in thermal water over your makeup-free face to help remove any lingering traces of dirt, oil, or makeup. Follow up with your regular cleansing routine.
- Give yourself a DIY facial: Mix 2 tablespoons of thermal water, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal. Apply the mixture to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Your skin will feel softer and more hydrated afterwards.
- Soothe sunburned skin: Thermal water’s anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe and heal sunburned skin. Apply a cool compress soaked in thermal water to the affected area for relief.
- Make a body spray: Mix equal parts thermal water and witch hazel in a small spray bottle. Spritz your body with the mixture after showering to help lock in moisture.
- Use it in the bath: Add a cup or two of thermal water to your bathtub to help soothe and relax your muscles. The minerals in the water will also be absorbed through your skin, providing some health benefits as well.
- Put it in a spray bottle: Store thermal water in a small spray bottle and keep it in the fridge for a refreshing, cooling treat on hot summer days. Spray it on your skin or hair to help cool you down.